I am not a subject matter expert on the field of marketing. I know certain portions, but others I will divert to more respected parties. Yet, in the past couple of days I have been bombarded by SPAM from things that I have signed up for at one time. I get that you will spam. I understand you are simply trying to utilize your marketing tools that are cheap (yet can be very offensive). If you think you have never spammed – then you must have never posted likes to Facebook… (another topic at another time).
Below are two examples of emails that I have received in the past day or so. There were many more – hence the post. I was just appalled by the issues – once I was looking for them. Please take a look at your campaigns, or mass publications to customers. Simple things like email headers to signatures or client insertion fields should not be missed. One day, I will tell you how I really feel about spam. Today, just the advice of making sure you are adding that special touch so your customer does not feel like a number.
- What if Spam Were True? [Infographic] (neolane.com)
- Top 5 Mistakes Bloggers Make With Their Email Marketing Campaign (getresponse.com)
- The Message Matters: 7 Obvious but Overlooked Email Deliverability Best Practices (neolane.com)
- Essential Guide to Avoiding Dreaded “Spam Traps” (getresponse.com)
- Anybody Can Do Well Through Marketing Via Email (futurestarr.com)
- Marketing Via Email Solutions To Help Your Business Grow (futurestarr.com)